Position Description: Staff Accountant
Location: Wilmington, NC
Employee Type: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Report To: Director of Finance
Green Assets is currently in search of a diligent staff accountant to join our growing and dynamic finance team, based in our Wilmington, NC office.
Founded in 2010, Green Assets is a leading forest carbon offset development firm. Green Assets provides informed, turn-key project development services to clientele, allowing for profitable conservation activities that help to maintain natural habitats and ecosystems.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal reviews.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with reviews.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the finance team as needed.
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Green Assets provides outstanding compensation and benefits to its employees/team members. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience/education.
Green Assets is an Equal Opportunity Employer.